WTB: New Front Windshield 1991 Pulsar GTi-R

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
azarkari's picture

Arvin
Kitchener, Ontario

Nov 13, 2017
WTB: New Front Windshield 1991 Pulsar GTi-R

Hey Everyone, new to the forum here. Just picked up my second pulsar, however it has a cracked windshield. I'm located in southern ontario about an hour away from Toronto. I need a front windshield for my 1991 Gti-r! Willing to pick up within reason, also willing to pay for shipping. Any brand is fine as long as it is the right part.

Thank you so much

alphadrex's picture

Andre
Cold Lake, Alberta

Sep 14, 2015

Check out this thread...

/forum/general-chatter/windshield-replacement?page=4

That's where I got mine a few months ago. See if he still has some left.

Benno's picture

Ben
Fort St John, BC

Dec 6, 2009

FYI heated windscreen.com still makes them. I just messaged them yesterday. I am ordering 5 if anyone wants one I think I have one left up for grabs (I'm keeping 3 for myself lol). But I live in Fort St John BC so not much use to you.

November 20, 2017, 4:43 AM, Ricky Evans wrote:

Hi Ben,

I can make a one off for £350 or I can make you a batch of 5 and they will
be £225 each.

Shipping of 1, 2 and 3 is the same price and 5 would be a touch more.

The shipping options are door to door or to airport only and usually come in
at £450 to the door and £270 to the airport.

Thanks
Dan

Ricky Evans Motorsport Ltd
Unit 11, Roman Park
Claymore , Tame Valley Ind Est
Tamworth
Staffs
B77 5DQ

Tele 0044(0)1827283688
email [email protected]
Follow us on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/ricky.evans.motorsport

ryaneg6freak's picture

Ryan Wolfe
Las Vegas, NV

Jul 6, 2016

That's really good to know Ben.  Are they actually heated? or just plain glass.

Benno's picture

Ben
Fort St John, BC

Dec 6, 2009

They sell both.

Benno's picture

Ben
Fort St John, BC

Dec 6, 2009

The price he quoted was for a batch of heated ones BTW.  The regular ones are cheaper (not sure how much exactly).  He had one regular unheated one left over from another batch they did that he is including in my order for 100 pounds.

ryaneg6freak's picture

Ryan Wolfe
Las Vegas, NV

Jul 6, 2016

Good to know, I live in Vegas, I don't exactly need a heated windsheild lol.  I was unaware that shipping by airline to the airport was an option, since I'm about 5 minutes away from McCarran International, that will work out great.  Thanks for the info, I was getting worried that all the suppliers were going to stop making them altogether.

ryaneg6freak's picture

Ryan Wolfe
Las Vegas, NV

Jul 6, 2016

You plan on selling any of those, or just hoarding them for the future? (not that I would blame you)

Benno's picture

Ben
Fort St John, BC

Dec 6, 2009

I'm keeping 3 of the windshields. They put gravel down on the roads here in the winter. No joke on average a new windshield lasts 6 months here before it gets cracked.

ryaneg6freak's picture

Ryan Wolfe
Las Vegas, NV

Jul 6, 2016

You know, 3m makes a windshield protection film similar to what you'd put on your phone screen. Costs about $300 and they warranty it against breakage up to $2000.  It has to be changed out about every 3 years or so once it starts to get scratched, but it works great.

Benno's picture

Ben
Fort St John, BC

Dec 6, 2009

I've only heard of Clearplex which supposedly gets very scratched up after about a year. What is the name of the 3m stuff?

ryaneg6freak's picture

Ryan Wolfe
Las Vegas, NV

Jul 6, 2016

This company sells the 3M brand I believe.  They are warrantying it for 5 years.

https://www.tintworld.com/services/automotive-services/car-protection-film/windshield-film-protection/

ryaneg6freak's picture

Ryan Wolfe
Las Vegas, NV

Jul 6, 2016

I've heard surpsingly good things about this stuff too.

https://www.amazon.com/OPT-OPT-OGC60-Opti-Glass-Coating/dp/B00GULM1U0

leafs31's picture

Regina

Feb 6, 2010

Any of these contacts sell door glass that isn't the dealership?

ryaneg6freak's picture

Ryan Wolfe
Las Vegas, NV

Jul 6, 2016

leafs31 wrote:

I'm pretty sure any JDM parts importer in Canada could get you some. I seriously doubt you could find new glass at a Nissan dealer.

Pulsar666's picture

Erik
laval

Jun 10, 2012

ryaneg6freak wrote:

leafs31 wrote:

I'm pretty sure any JDM parts importer in Canada could get you some. I seriously doubt you could find new glass at a Nissan dealer.

I got my windshield at the dealer. Door glasses might be harder to get from them and way too costly
azarkari's picture

Arvin
Kitchener, Ontario

Nov 13, 2017

So, after a few options, one is pretty cool but not much I can do about it. The guy “minibrutes” has 30 pulsar gti-r windshields. But they are literally in the middle of nowhere in ontario. 18.5 hours away from me. But 4 hours for anyone in Winnipeg and 3 hours for anyone in Thunder Bay. Looks like I’ll be going through lexan or, rightdrive on Pickering Ontario

ryaneg6freak's picture

Ryan Wolfe
Las Vegas, NV

Jul 6, 2016

azarkari wrote:

So, after a few options, one is pretty cool but not much I can do about it. The guy “minibrutes” has 30 pulsar gti-r windshields. But they are literally in the middle of nowhere in ontario. 18.5 hours away from me. But 4 hours for anyone in Winnipeg and 3 hours for anyone in Thunder Bay. Looks like I’ll be going through lexan or, rightdrive on Pickering Ontario

I'm sorry, he has 30?!

azarkari's picture

Arvin
Kitchener, Ontario

Nov 13, 2017

You heard that correct! Lol. I was texting him back and forth and he has one crate, and is has 30 freaking pulsar windshields. And he’s willing to sell it super cheap. I tried finding a way to use uship and get them to Ontario but nobody is willing rob make the trip.

ryaneg6freak's picture

Ryan Wolfe
Las Vegas, NV

Jul 6, 2016

azarkari wrote:

You heard that correct! Lol. I was texting him back and forth and he has one crate, and is has 30 freaking pulsar windshields. And he’s willing to sell it super cheap. I tried finding a way to use uship and get them to Ontario but nobody is willing rob make the trip.

I need to Contact Jeremy.