1991 pulsar no fuel

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ososlow's picture

byron holloway
pitt meadows b.c

Oct 26, 2014
1991 pulsar no fuel

i just bought a 1991 gti-r and it was running fine for a few hours and then died,i have check spark and fuel and well they is great spark but no fuel,no sure if there is spose to be a priming stage befour starting.tried putting 12v straight to pump and no luck there.any suggestion as what to try next. thanks

Pulsar666's picture

Erik
laval

Jun 10, 2012

Remove the fuel pump cover in the hatch and check if the fuel pump is connected like it should. There's a rubber seal in the connector that can prevent you from locking the 2 connectors together.

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

if you're not on a walbro pump, change this first 

the stock pumps just dont last

Pulsar666's picture

Erik
laval

Jun 10, 2012

Stock pump is good to 13 psi of boost, but the fact that its almost 25 years old make it worth changing. Instead of a walbro you can buy the AEM fuel pump and this one come with the complete install for 125$

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

the walbro's come with a fitting kit if u buy the one meant for the b13 sentra/nx2000

walbros are around 90-100$ w/ fitting kit

i just wouldn't recommend to anyone running more than stock boost on an old car to stay on the stock pump, do so at your own risk

ososlow's picture

byron holloway
pitt meadows b.c

Oct 26, 2014

thanks for the help guys got a walbro pump and fitting kit on the way,should have it up and running again next weekend.

ososlow's picture

byron holloway
pitt meadows b.c

Oct 26, 2014

thanks for all your help nick ,i work with robert who has been the middle man helping me sort out the car.