rear rotors/ nx2000 rotors

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
gtir007's picture

ny,nj,pa

Nov 1, 2008
rear rotors/ nx2000 rotors

the jap spec nx2000 and the gtir rear rotor is the same, auto stores should have 2 listings for the rear rotor on the nx200, buy the 258 mm or the 10.1 inch rotors

Maikeru's picture

Michael
Markham, ON

Mar 10, 2008

This has been discussed on many GTIR forums, including this one, and the rear rotors are NOT the same. The hat height is different. You could make it fit by using spacers, but most people (including me) are just not comfortable with doing that for something as important as brakes. http://www.canadagtir.com/forums/technical/suspension-brakes-handling/brakes-and-related-parts

"Your race car should be easier and more pleasant to drive than your street car. If it isn't, then someone is doing something wrong." -- Carroll Smith (1932-2003)

gti-rrrr's picture

Guelph, Ontario

Jan 17, 2008

i honestly dont see how spacer will effect braking in way, studs are going to extremely reinforced and the wheel hold everything togetther, ill be running spacer and extended studs this year

BOTTLES ARE FOR BABIES.. REAL MEN GET BLOWN

s3by's picture

GATINEAU , near Ottawa

Mar 16, 2008

that mean the disc is sitting only on 4 stud , it wont be sitting on the center hub.

I would not drive on these disc i would spent the extra money for nissan oem disc

gti-rrrr's picture

Guelph, Ontario

Jan 17, 2008

actaully if you think about it, it will sit on the hub, the spacer is only there to make up the difference in space? maybe im wrong?

gtir007's picture

ny,nj,pa

Nov 1, 2008

i saw the difference in the hat size, using a spacer with extended studs is a good idea, i really don't believe that the pulsar is the only nissan to have this rotor, anyone checked out the 87-89 nissan pulsar ?

s3by's picture

GATINEAU , near Ottawa

Mar 16, 2008

never found on any forums a match from an other car
sorry buy its OEM or aftermarket from europe/ japan

no_boost's picture

Jan 21, 2008

Been discussed to death. NX Brakes DO NOT FIT. i dont care what country the car is from . i KNOW THIS i started the other thread i tried the brakes side by side. And the Pulsar is the only car that uses that rotor. And the early pulsar has drum rear brakes.

gtir007's picture

ny,nj,pa

Nov 1, 2008

i understand your point of the nx200, but don't assume that there is no other nissan rotor that can fit the pulsar, they use to same the same for the o2 sensor which is the same as a s13, suspension components is damn near the same as a b13, 87 pulsar. i put b13 mounts in pulsar mounts. when i find the rotor i will post it up

gti-rrrr's picture

Guelph, Ontario

Jan 17, 2008

there is no other rotor that will fit the gtir- they are specifically made for the gtir and not massed produced, the rotors have been tried and tested so many times its not worth arguing about now, if you research on the UK forums you'll find the same answer, sorry bro

you have 2 options

1. buy oem rear rotors or oem performance ones, 2. use the nx2000 with 10mm spacer and 10mm extended studs

alphadrex's picture

Andre
Cold Lake, Alberta

Sep 14, 2015

Hey Guys,

I don't mean to raise a thread from the dead, but I'm new to the GTI-R community. I've been doing quite a bit of reading and came across the RHDQuébec post using extended studs and a hub spacer. I think this is the route I'll go with mine, but I have a question that I can't find the answer to. I'm reading that the GTI-R Rotor hat is 33mm high, but the NX2000 is 45mm high. So what I cannot understand is, why are people using a 10mm spacer and not a 12mm? Could someone please clarify this for me? Thanks guys.

Pulsar666's picture

Erik
laval

Jun 10, 2012

Because 10mm spacers are easier to find than 12mm ?

I don't even do that crap. I prefer having the disk directly on the hub than using some cheap ass spacer that could cause a lot of problems in the long run.

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

if u look for the 11" rear brake upgrade

it consists of a maxima caliper bracket that insets the caliper 12mm, and allows u to run an 11" disc

i didnt check so i can't be positive it fits, but you can try running the infinti g20 (p10) caliper bracket, which would inset the caliper 12mm. they're  like 10-20$ from rockauto.

the g20 uses the same caliper but different caliper bracket. worth a shot, then u can run the nx2000 10" rear disc.

but why bother, the gtir brakes r total shit, bbk the front and go 11" rear

Pulsar666's picture

Erik
laval

Jun 10, 2012

nick wrote:

if u look for the 11" rear brake upgrade

it consists of a maxima caliper bracket that insets the caliper 12mm, and allows u to run an 11" disc

i didnt check so i can't be positive it fits, but you can try running the infinti g20 (p10) caliper bracket, which would inset the caliper 12mm. they're  like 10-20$ from rockauto.

the g20 uses the same caliper but different caliper bracket. worth a shot, then u can run the nx2000 10" rear disc.

but why bother, the gtir brakes r total shit, bbk the front and go 11" rear

That's funny I am doing that conversion right now on a G20 1996 : spec-v brembo rear disk, maxima 2002-2003 caliper bracket and hawk hp+ brake pads. Maxima 2002-2003 is the only years they used hb378 pads instead of hb421 while retaining 278mm rear disks and the hb378 have a way better pads compound choice.

alphadrex's picture

Andre
Cold Lake, Alberta

Sep 14, 2015

Thanks guys,

Nick, is the rear setup you're referring to post #16 in the thread "Rear Brake Upgrade"? If so, do you know if all those part #'s are still valid or if there is any additional info I should have if performing this upgrade (i.e. Parts not crossing correctly, etc...)?

Finally, for the front, I've seen the fastbrakes.com kit, are there any others (Canadian Kit) available? Ksports are crazy expensive, and the exchange rate on the fastbrakes kit would be nasty (too bad cause it's a sweet kit, and still not a bad price). What size rotor does the fastbrakes kit allow you to run? It says it comes with a "plain" rotor. Is it by chance the same size rotor as the 11" rear you were talking about Nick? If so, you could put some slotted or drilled rotors up front with the kit and really make it bite.

I've found a lot of conflicting info, and reading a lot of trial and error posts, so I want to make sure I get it right the first time. Let me know guys. Thanks again.

Pulsar666's picture

Erik
laval

Jun 10, 2012

Drilled rotors are garbage unless they were cast that way. Too much chances of hairline cracks that could become really dangerous.

By the way there was a bbk kit I saw on gtiroz. It consisted of a 300zx 4 pot caliper, toyota celica rotor and a custom bracket. They said it would fit under 15 inch wheel and we all know 300zx calipers have a enormous choice of brake pads because they use the same pads as skylines.

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

this is the one i'd get

http://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/fastbrakes%20b13%2011-4e.htm

slotted/drilled doesnt really make a difference.  make sure to order the hubring for the disc as well

the 11" rear

95 rear maxima caliper bracket, u can find this on rockauto

2004 sentra spec v with front brembo , u want the rear rotor off this and redrill it

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

With the wilwood calipers you have massive pad choice
Pad changes take 30 seconds and they're cheap in the dynalite pad size
You lose ten lbs of unsprung weight on each side
Replacement rotors r cheap they're 92-96 prelude srv rotors redrilled

The rear kit u dont really need more than a hawk hps pad in back from a Infiniti g20

Almost all the braking is done up front I haven't changed rear pads in 8 years

In 99% of cases most drivers cannot handle more rear bias specially with abs disabled which I removed completely. In emergency situations if u r not active in motorsports u will generally just slam the pedal. With more rear bias expect that rear to come around

U can see if fastbrakes will just sell u the caliper adapter and u source the lines pads and calipers and discs yourself but ull find its a fairly good deal

The 11" kit is all u really need for the street on a track day ull need brake ducts

Anyone who's ever driven my car say the brakes r damn good

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

i find a lot of ppl spend a lot fo money adding power .. but from my experience what really improves driving experience

1. brakes  saves u from so many oh shit moments

2. rear sway bar  the car will actually turn

3. front and rear diff the car will actually put power down and turn

4. suspenion the car will actually turn

5. power is last 

Pulsar666's picture

Erik
laval

Jun 10, 2012

nick wrote:

the 11" rear

95 rear maxima caliper bracket, u can find this on rockauto

2004 sentra spec v with front brembo , u want the rear rotor off this and redrill it

I have a used set of those caliper brackets lying around here, might be missing the sliders and the brackets are a little bit rusty because I got them from a junkyard. I also have a set of used (1 year, looks almost new) but still in really good condition of the brake pads you would need with that. The pads are PBR axxis ceramic (hb421 style) and were removed from my own car before sending it to the junkyard.
If you want them I can take pictures once I find the brackets this weekend. Asking 50$ + shipping for all that.

You'll need to source your own rotors as I was running 10 inch rear rotors and I sold them to a friend today.

alphadrex's picture

Andre
Cold Lake, Alberta

Sep 14, 2015

So with the '95 rear Maxima bracket, what caliper would bolt up to this? G20? Stock? The reason I ask is because I have stock calipers right now, and my RH rear is sticking really bad. I haven't found a rebuild kit (and I can't say I'm thrilled to rebuild a 25yr old caliper, piston is probably rusted/gouged beyond repair), so I was looking at switching to the G20's.

On the fastbrakes.com kit, what size hub ring do I need for this? There's no mention of it on their site.

As for me, it's always been Suspension, Brakes, Power in that order. I've already got all new poly bushings coming for the suspension, ordering coilovers shortly, but the sticking caliper has forced me to switch up my order this time. A little off topic, but when it gets to be that time, what would you guys say are the best bang-for-the-buck power mods to this car (without stressing the limits of components)? I believe in building the base of the pyramid first. Just curious.

alphadrex's picture

Andre
Cold Lake, Alberta

Sep 14, 2015

By the way Nick, you've got a wealth of knowledge on these cars, I can see because your name shows up in almost all the posts I read here. ha ha. I see you've sold yours, but do remember to check in from time to time and help those of us who are just getting in the game. Thanks again.

Pulsar666's picture

Erik
laval

Jun 10, 2012

Almost all nissan calipers will bolt-on to that bracket but in your case you can use : stock caliper, G20 1991-1996, altima 1993-2001, maxima 1991-1999. They all use the same piston size and the only difference between them is the angle of the handbrake cable bracket.

Don't even try to rebuild your caliper yourself you'll regret it once you un-screw the piston and see what's inside.

N14ParkwayRacer's picture

Carmine J Carella
New Jersey, USA

Oct 9, 2009

Just to confirm this for everyone,
I'm running 1995 Maxima caliper carriers, redrilled 2004 Sentra Spec V rotors & the stock GTiR calipers.
They work excellent! The only problem is you can't use your factory spare so don't get a flat!

Pulsar666's picture

Erik
laval

Jun 10, 2012

N14ParkwayRacer wrote:

Just to confirm this for everyone,
I'm running 1995 Maxima caliper carriers, redrilled 2004 Sentra Spec V rotors & the stock GTiR calipers.
They work excellent! The only problem is you can't use your factory spare so don't get a flat!

you mean you used spec-v BREMBO rear rotors. other sentra 2000 to 2006 including 'normal' spec-v used 258mm rear rotors instead of 280mm.