Torque Mounts with Energy Suspenion 7.1105g From Sentra/NX or Prothane 14-503 Sentra Dogbone

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008
Torque Mounts with Energy Suspenion 7.1105g From Sentra/NX or Prothane 14-503 Sentra Dogbone

So I purchased the energy suspension 7.1105g torque mounts from a sentra/nx and a prothane 14-503 ( you only really need 2 of the prothanes) can be found on amazon for 20$ each.

A little bit of grinding on a belt sander and some grease and it fits in the torque mount. With the help of a vise of course.

They're a hair narrower than the stock mounts, I used two small washers and voila.

Relatively cheap from summit-racing or other sources. You'll need 2 of them. Kind of looks like this prothane one. You can also probably use the prothane ones.

Power is more direct, no vibration at idle or during rpms, can feel the engine is moving less. not bad for 40$

left to right
stock mount, stock rubber insert, prothane mount, nismo insert, nismo mount
[img]http://www.canadagtir.com/sites/default/files/old/imagecache/image/files/gallery/IMG_1960.JPG[/img]

nismo mount with shaved and pressed in prothane mount
[img]http://www.canadagtir.com/sites/default/files/old/imagecache/image/files/gallery/IMG_1980b.jpg[/img] 

updated with pics

gtir007's picture

ny,nj,pa

Nov 1, 2008

nice, i used prothane sentra bushings in my engine and trans mounts- good find

gtir007's picture

ny,nj,pa

Nov 1, 2008

do you have any pics with the inserts in the mount

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

no, but its pretty obvious where it goes and what you have to grind off. The space is rectangular in the stabilizer mount. The bushing you get as you can see above is not rectangular. It just needs some grinding on a belt sander to make fit. The length is fine, width needs a small washer on each side, and the height needs a little trimming.

[img]http://www.gtiroz.net/albums/nismomounts/nismo.jpg[/img]

canadianR's picture

Saskatoon, SK

Jan 29, 2008

awesome!

Bookmarked for future reference!

RNN14

canadianR's picture

Saskatoon, SK

Jan 29, 2008

this kit? http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-7-1105G-Black-Insert/dp/B000CNB33S

RNN14

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

yes.. else these could probably work http://gspec.com/p-3485-motor-mount-front-dogbone.aspx

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

here's another picture [img]http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp167/novadose914/IMG_0591.jpg[/img]

you basically have to reshape the non rectangular bush to a more rectangular shape

canadianR's picture

Saskatoon, SK

Jan 29, 2008

so the ones from g spec - you can use two of the identical kits?

One for the front torque mount, and one for the rear?

RNN14

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

i didn't use the prothane's but i don't see why it wouldn't work.  you'd be grinding either to fit.

canadianR's picture

Saskatoon, SK

Jan 29, 2008

did you check out their aluminum mount? I wonder if it will cross over to our cars?

RNN14

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

Yes i saw it, no idea.  You can be the first to try.  Few people ever spend the money to try something new or different to make it fit, or want to spend the money to try and test fit. 

if anyone has a pal with an nx or sentra, you could try to measure the distances between the bolt center and the mounting face of the mount and compare that to a gti-r.

I actually want to try the gspec CS 11.4 rear brake kit which in theory could work with some grinding, but 200$ for an adapter that will become useless if it doesn't well.. i'd rather wait for someone else to try first.

canadianR's picture

Saskatoon, SK

Jan 29, 2008

nick wrote:
Yes i saw it, no idea.  You can be the first to try.  Few people ever spend the money to try something new or different to make it fit, or want to spend the money to try and test fit. 

if anyone has a pal with an nx or sentra, you could try to measure the distances between the bolt center and the mounting face of the mount and compare that to a gti-r.

I actually want to try the gspec CS 11.4 rear brake kit which in theory could work with some grinding, but 200$ for an adapter that will become useless if it doesn't well.. i'd rather wait for someone else to try first.

maybe they will offer a discount to a gtir owner to see if it will fit. The benefit for them is that they could add the gtir market to their clientele.

RNN14

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

yah perhaps.. but still even at a discount i imagine it will be around 160$ or so, if i didn't have a 3200$ per month mortgage then i'd be the first to try

gtir007's picture

ny,nj,pa

Nov 1, 2008

i spoke to brian from fastbrakes, he makes a rear kit for the gtir, its a one piece rotor, i think the size is a 11inch rotor, he told me it was a honda rotor. the price was about 240 with the bracket, maybe we can do a groupbuy 

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

If you can get it together I'm in, actually I'm in without a group buy.  Let me know either way.

I have to refresh my rear brakes in the spring, so its not much more to go to a larger disc this way.

Can you confirm with Brian he's positive it will fit a gti-r.. the gti-r has slightly diff dimensions from a sentra.

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

updated with pix

Lynx's picture

London Ontario

Dec 23, 2009

Got a full mount insert set installed.  You need a nx-2000 kit / sentra ser kit with some mods.

1. get a full set of nx mounts
2. order an extra front dog bone mount set(has two peices like the one above)
3. order an extra passenger side mount(the big one with two halves)
4. Take out old mounts, use a sawzall to cut the steel insert to relieve the tension
5. use a chisel to bend the steel insert and pop out the old rubber mount no burning required
6. for the dog bones just press out the old rubber
7. Install the three engine support mounts (match up the sizes it should be obvious)
8. sand/grind down the torque mount inserts to make them fit properly.
9. install the torque inserts

You will be left with one divers side/rear nx insert that you can't use.  I used a vice and a hockey puck to press mine in, but a shop press will make it WAAAAAY easier.

[IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa126/MrLynx17/GTIR/Trans%20swap%20fall%202011/DSCN1521.jpg[/IMG]

nick's picture

Nicholas Chu
Vancouver

Jan 24, 2008

howwwwwww ddddoooessszzz ittttt feeeeefeeeefeellll?

Lynx's picture

London Ontario

Dec 23, 2009

only complaint is that the roof buzzes now at certain rpms.  Other than that the ride is the same.  The throttle response is redic now though, feels so good.  Launching is awesome.

mike_cool79's picture

Victoria B.C.

Sep 2, 2008

Where'd you order your kit from?

Lynx's picture

London Ontario

Dec 23, 2009

ebay

Lynx's picture

London Ontario

Dec 23, 2009

thanks for that